Сайт сетевого сообщества "Лидеры образования.СКО" |
St. Valentine’s Day
· Скачать удаленно ()
|Lesson Plan |
Theme: St. Valentine’s Day
Aims: to involve students into discussion about St. Valentine’s day and to present
some new facts.
Objectives: by the end of the lesson students will be able:
1. Say: at least 5-6 sentences about St. Valentine’s day.
2. Ask: 3-4 questions.
3. List: all familiar “St.Valentine’s Day” words.
I Org. moment.
- Good morning, pupils! I’m glad to see you! Do you like holidays? What holidays do you know? What holiday do you like best of all? (slide 1)
- Look at the blackboard! What do see on this picture? (slide 2) Name some things.
- First let’s play. Say everything you can about St.Valentine’s Day. Who says the last sentence he is the champion.
- Today we'll have a competition by theme St. Valentine's Day. We'll know many interesting things about this holiday and have a good time. We have 2 teams. You will get small valentines for your right answers and at the end of our lesson we'll count them. Which team will have more valentines will be the wins.
- Unscramble the words (slide 3)
- Let’ s read the text about "St. Valentine's Day" and make up the questions. (slide 4)
- St Valentine’s Day comes on February 14. It is not a legal or a national holiday. Banks and offices are not closed, but it is a happy little festival for young people. St Valentine is the patron of sweethearts. February 14 is the anniversary of his death.
- It is widely celebrated among people of all ages by exchange of “valentines”. A “valentine” may mean a special greeting-card or a little present. It may be for the person who receives the gift. The day is the time to send little gifts to those you love. Flowers and candy are favourite presents which sweethearts send to each other. Valentine candy is packed in red heart-shaped boxes and sold for this one day.
- Valentines are special greeting cards. They are often coloured red, have red trimmings and pictures of hearts. Some “valentines” are very fancy, they are trimmed with paper lace and little bows of paper ribbon. They have verses of love poetry printed on them.
- It is a good day for parties, especially by young people. The hosts trim the hall with red and white paper hearts. Refreshments are often coloured red, like red candy and punch. Sandwiches and cakes are often cut in the shape of hearts. Sometimes, a King and Queen of Hearts are chosen for the evening of dance.
- It is a very interesting holiday and many people like to celebrate it.
- Make up the questions for 7 minutes. You’ll get a small valentine for every right question. Then exchange your questions with other group and answer them. You’ll get a small valentine for every right answer.
- Let’s have a rest and sing a song “If you are happy”.
- Of course, the St. Valentine's Day is the day of pairs. You should collect right pairs. (slide 5)
Adam Scarlet O'Hara
John Lennom Jane
Napoleon Yoko Ono
Prince Charles Josephine
Rhett Buttler Lady Di
- Find the words, connecting with the St. Valentines Day in this crossword.
W R O S E Q J S F C
L H G W F D S A R H
O E F E M N K I I O
V A L E N T I N E C
E R O T C Z S T N O
X T W N U G S A D L
P D E E P D M R S A
I E R A I T M R H T
N A S R D O V O I E
K R N T R E D W P R
- Try to guess some words:
- 1.-It's a thing where we put flowers in.(vase)
- 2.-It's a nice plant. It may be blue , white , red , orange. (flowers)
- 3.-We give it for brithday.(present)
- 4.-All children like it. It's very tasty(sweets)
- 5.-We do it when it is funny. (smile)
- 6.-It is a nice flower.(rose)
- Find the answers on the blackboard. (slide 7)
- Well, I hope you all enjoy yourselves. While our jury is accounting small valentines, we are singing funny song about monkeys.
Категория: Разработки уроков по английскому языку | Добавил: shkola№4
|Просмотров: 1163 | Загрузок: 211
| Комментарии: 3
| Рейтинг: 0.0/0||